Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I am the light of the world, says the Lord; whoever follows me will have the light of life - Daily Bible Readings April 29,2015


1ST READING
 
As Paul’s partner, Barnabas is a key figure. However, this will change. In the proclamation of the Gospel, the main role passes from the teacher to the disciple. No one person is going to convert the world – not even Jesus attempted this. We need to be humble and allow the Spirit to lead us in our ministries. When the time comes to pass the leadership to others, we should step back from the main role and continue in a supporting one.
 
Acts 12:24-13:5
24 The word of God continued to spread and grow. 25 After Barnabas and Saul completed their relief mission, they returned to Jerusalem, taking with them John, who is called Mark. 13: 1 Now there were in the Church at Antioch prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Symeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who was a close friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 2 While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then, completing their fasting and prayer, they laid hands on them and sent them off. 4 So they, sent forth by the Holy Spirit, went down to Seleucia and from there sailed to Cyprus. 5 When they arrived in Salamis, they proclaimed the word of God in the Jewish synagogues.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8
R: O God, let all the nations praise you!
1 [2] May God have pity on us and bless us; may he let his face shine upon us. 2 [3] So may your way be known upon earth; among all nations, your salvation. (R) 4 [5] May the nations be glad and exult because you rule the peoples in equity; the nations on the earth you guide. (R) 5 [6] May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you! 7[8] May God bless us, and may all the ends of the earth fear him! (R)
 
GOSPEL
 
As we celebrate the Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, let us remember how God works through the most unlikely of people. Women in Catherine’s time were expected to stay at home and not engage in politics. Catherine did not care much for convention and gave advice to all who sought it. She gave advice to leaders, including the Popes, even if they did not ask. She believed God wanted to speak through her and so she spoke on His behalf.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
I am the light of the world, says the Lord; whoever follows me will have the light of life.
 
John 12:44-50
44 Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me, 45 and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me. 46 I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness. 47 And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world. 48 Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words has something to judge him: the word that I spoke, it will condemn him on the last day, 49 because I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. So what I say, I say as the Father told me.”
 
think: When the time comes to pass the leadership to others, we should step back from the main role and continue in a supporting one.
 
 
T O D A Y’S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: __________________
 
____________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today_
_____________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Deuteronomy 8-11
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs