Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The hand of the Lord was with them and a great number who believed turned to the Lord. – Acts 11:21 - Daily Reflections April 28,2015

NO ONE CAN TAKE THEM OUT
OF THE FATHER’S HAND
 
I am a perpetual student of human behavior. I love observing people in their unguarded moments — at churches, at malls, during a concert, at the supermarkets, in my travels, etc. I could tell a caring and careful parent when I see one. Young fathers or mothers would allow their toddler child to run freely, but under their watchful eye.
       The best is when they cross the busy streets. Mom or Dad would hold their child’s hands tightly, securely and gingerly cross the street. I would generously stop and wait until they get safely across. In public areas, where crowds abound, the parents would always clutch their child’s little hands. No one can take them out of the father’s (or mother’s) hand!
       Solicitude is a big word. But for a love as big as God’s, maybe we do need such a word. This is the love that gave energy to the likes of Stephen and company to go “as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch.” This is the same love that gives young parents the energy to extend that hand of safety to their child, without let-up, without getting tired, without counting what returns they could get.
       It is most interesting to note that the last official act of the Son on the cross, was to hand over to the Father’s hand His all, His life, His work, His everything. Father, into Your hands, I commend My spirit.” This is the same Lord, risen from the dead, who speaks from personal experience. He knows deeply and truly about His Father’s divine solicitude: “No one can take them out of the Father’s hand.”
       I didn’t know why certain images of childhood remained stuck in my memory. One of these is the memory of my father taking me by the hand and teaching me how to navigate the streets of Poblacion, Makati. Now I know. They spoke to me of solicitude, of a love like that of God for us! Fr. Chito Dimaranan, SDB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs