Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2020

DIVINE INVITATION

 

DIVINE INVITATION

“For many are invited, but few are chosen.” – Matthew 22:14 

My wife and I have been in our youth community even before we met. I’ve been serving the youth for more than six years now, but every opportunity to serve the Lord still amazes me.

Recently, we were invited to serve in a youth camp. What a great privilege it was! Because of our work load and schedule, we could have said no. We could have been elsewhere. But God allowed us to witness His love at work among the young and encounter Him again in a personal way. I talked to some campers and servants, and I was blessed by their stories. I couldn’t hold back my tears as I remember that a few years ago, I was also a lost, insecure young man. But God persisted in calling me through my friends until I said yes to Him. I thank God I did! I don’t know where I would be now without His grace.

When God calls us, He doesn’t just want to bless others through us. He wants to bless us, too. He doesn’t only want us to love other people. God wants to love us, too. Ericson T. Trinidad (erix. trinidad@gmail.com)

Reflect: Is there someone whom God is calling you to love today? How will you respond?

Lord, grant me courage. Lord, grant me strength. Grant me compassion that I may be Your heart today. (From the song “Your Heart Today”)

St. Bernard of Clairvaux, abbot and Doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs