Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Make God happy this Advent season. Allow yourself to be found by God. Visit Him in the sacrament of reconciliation. He is there waiting for you! - Daily Reflections December 9,2014


FOR YOU
 
I remember one time a newscaster reported on the story of a little girl who drowned after she decided to swim in a lake at the height of a strong rain. What caught my attention was the rather insensitive question of the reporter. The father had seven children and the one who drowned was the third among the siblings. The reporter said as a parting question, “Sa dami po ng anak ninyo eh mami-miss po ba ninyo siya?” (Will you still miss your child, given that you have so many other children?)
         Obviously the question was not well reflected on. And whether she knew it or not, the reporter seemed to imply that the six remaining children are more than enough to make up for the lost one.
         But I’m sure, in the heart of the father, no one among his children is replaceable. I believe that is true of every father. No matter how many children he has, each one is loved, each one is special. This is true with our heavenly Father. He is the shepherd who will leave the 99 sheep He still has and look for the one who goes astray. No one is dispensable before God. Each one of us is of value.
         In my many years as a priest, I have encountered countless individuals who dread the Christmas season. I remember one penitent who shared to me in confession: “Father, during the Christmas season, I feel most isolated because I feel Christ was born for everyone else but not for me because I am in sin right now.”
         Friend, it is precisely for you that Christ was born on Christmas! Do not forget the words of today’s Gospel: “If he succeeds in finding it, believe me he is happier about this one than about the ninety nine that did not wander away…”
         You matter to God. He is searching for you. Throw yourself into His embrace and allow yourself to be found! Fr. Joel Jason
 
REFLECTION QUESTION: Make God happy this Advent season. Allow yourself to be found by God. Visit Him in the sacrament of reconciliation. He is there waiting for you!
 
Unclutter my heart, O Jesus. Help me make room for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs