Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Your word, O Lord, is truth; consecrate us in the truth - Daily Bible Readings September 11,2015


1ST READING
 
Paul has entrusted Timothy with the leadership of the Church in Ephesus. He also instructed them to raise leaders who will care for the Church in the years to come. Timothy was a young man, and many of the older people in the community lacked respect for him. This happens in the work of the Church. God has the right to choose whomever He wills to lead the mission of the Church. As disciples of Jesus, it is our responsibility to support our leaders and help them in their task.
 
1 Timothy 1:1-2, 12-14
1 Paul, an Apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our savior and of Christ Jesus our hope, 2 to Timothy, my true child in faith: grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 I am grateful to him who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he considered me trustworthy in appointing me to the ministry. 13 I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and an arrogant man, but I have been mercifully treated because I acted out of ignorance in my unbelief. 14 Indeed, the grace of our Lord has been abundant, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11
R: You are my inheritance, O Lord.
1 Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; 2 I say to the Lord, “My Lord are you.” 5 O Lord, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot. (R) 7 I bless the Lord who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. 8 I set the Lord ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. (R) 11 You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever. (R)
 
GOSPEL
 
We should be careful in judging someone. We may be missing the plank in our own eye by removing the speck from others. It is quite easy to find fault in others, but we are far reluctant to admit the same faults in ourselves. Hypocrisy is an ugly thing. Let us ensure that we are in the right place before pointing at other people’s faults. Let us ensure that our own house is clean before complaining of the mess in our friend’s house.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
Your word, O Lord, is truth; consecrate us in the truth.
 
Luke 6:39-42
39 Jesus told his disciples a parable: “Can a blind person guide a blind person? Will not both fall into a pit? 40 No disciple is superiorto the teacher; but when fully trained, every disciple will be like his teacher. 41 Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own? 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove that splinter in your eye,’ when you do not even notice the wooden beam in your own eye? You hypocrite! Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter in your brother’s eye.”
 
think: God has the right to choose whomever He wills to lead the mission of the Church. As disciples of Jesus, it is our responsibility to support our leaders and help them in their task.
 
T O D A Y’S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: __________________
 
____________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today_
_____________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Psalm 86-90
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs