Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Daily Reflections - February 06, 2012


LET US LIVE WHAT WE BELIEVE
 
Recently, a couple I know finally got married. I said “finally” because they had been planning for it for a long time. At least twice, their scheduled wedding was postponed due to hindrances. But I saw how much they love each other. Without their knowledge, I asked St. Alphonsus de Liguori
to intercede. I asked him to pray to God to give them the courage and patience they need to sustain their love. But I did not stop there. I took every opportunity to talk to them. I felt that God was using me. They appreciated it and later they told me that my availability to them helped them a lot.
 In today’s Gospel, Jesus continues to amaze me with His words. Here, speaking to the leaders of His time, He is still very relevant even to our present leaders. He knew that the issue of grandstanding, hypocrisy and thirst for power will continue to persist in man. His message hits the bull’s eye against anyone who saw titles, positions and places of honor not as opportunities to serve but a way to perpetuate their personal interests. And it is unfortunate that there has not been too much change in man even if this message was taught a long time ago.
Faith is not just in the mind or in the heart. It cannot remain there. It needs expression to let others feel its warmth and spirit. In the first place, it was developed from experience and prayer by people who gave witness to it. God’s revelation of grace, absorbed in faith and put to fruition, becomes a belief that others also benefit from.
There’s a story about a father who was informed by his son that a neighbor was asking for help. The father told the son that they should pray for their neighbor. The child answered back, “Are we not going to do anything for her?” Faith is life and life is faith! Fr. Benny Tuazon
 
REFLECTION QUESTIONS: Does your life express your faith? Does it bear fruit that others can benefit from?
 
Lord Jesus, help me to become fruitful through Your grace and through my faith and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs