Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

THE JOY OF LETTING GO

 


THE JOY OF LETTING GO

“I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other cities also; for I was sent for this purpose.” – Luke 4:43, NRSV 

We are three sisters in my family and we always used to do things together. When we were little, we had an “Assignment of Tasks” taped to the wall every summer and we did chores as a family. We would eat out every Friday night and tell stories over dinner. We would pray the rosary before going to bed, watch movies, and spend Christmases in Baguio. We had the security and joy that came with a complete family.

I had to physically leave that family in 2016. I entered the convent. The pain was unbearable, but Ate Ellis’s heart was set right. “We have to let her go. The world needs her. We help her grow this way,” she said. I didn’t know that someday, I will need those same words.

Today, I am left alone with my parents. Ate Ellis flew to Ireland. Ate Nikki got married. I miss them every day. I miss doing things as a family. But I realized that there is also joy in letting go—in knowing that my loved ones may not be with me but out there, fulfilling their purpose. Elaine Marie R. Factor (elainemariefactor@ gmail.com)

ReflectHow much love do you need to have the courage to let go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs