Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2020

MORE THAN ENOUGH

A friend of mine had developed a habit of keeping her talents and capacities to herself. She loves hiding and running away from opportunities. She’s a good singer, but when asked to sing in a group, she quickly fades like a bubble. She also excels in the course she took in college but often tries to avoid any conversation related to it. And the list goes on and on.

One day, I asked her, “What keeps you from sharing your talents and skills?”

In a soft voice, she answered, “I feel so small whenever I’m with my friends or other people. I’m not proud enough to talk about college since I didn’t graduate from a prestigious university. They are all way better than me. I’ll never be enough.”

In today’s Gospel, the disciples are in a similar situation. What good will five loaves and two fish have in the midst of thousands of people to feed? But despite the seemingly insufficient offering, Jesus used it to feed the multitudes.

When we say, “Lord, this is all I have; I fear it won’t be enough,” the Lord will reply, “That’s all I want. You alone are already more than enough.” JM Nuqui (jmnuqui.invites@gmail.com)

Reflect: What are your five loaves and two fish? Does anything hinder you from offering and sharing your gifts?

Dear Lord, take and receive all that I have, all that I am. Amen.

St. Eusebius of Vercelli, bishop, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs