Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The seed is the word of God, Christ is the sower; all who come to him will live for ever - Daily Bible Readings July 23,2014

1ST READING
 
This is a good text to reflect on if you have a poor self-image. The Lord wants to affirm us that we are neither accidents nor a waste of the air we breathe. Each of us has been created in love with a vision for our lives that is perfect. Unfortunately, sin will upset how we live that out, but this is not enough to cause us to become depressed. Instead it should galvanize us into action, knowing that we have a purpose, which was given to us by God Himself.
 
Jeremiah 1:1, 4-10
1 The words of Jeremiah, son of Hilkiah, of a priestly family in Anathoth, in the land of Benjamin. 4 The word of the Lord came to me thus: 5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you. 6 “Ah, Lord God!” I said, “I know not how to speak; I am too young.” 7 But the Lord answered me, say not, “I am too young.” To whomever I send you, you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak. 8 Have no fear before them, because I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord. 9 Then the Lord extended his hand and touched my mouth, saying, See, I place my words in your mouth! 10 This day I set you over nations and over kingdoms, to root up and to tear down, to destroy and to demolish, to build and to plant.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 71:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 15, 17
R: I will sing of your salvation.
1 In you, O Lord, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. 2 In your justice rescue me, and deliver me; incline your ear to me, and save me. (R) 3 Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety, for you are my rock and my fortress. 4 O my God, rescue me from the hand of the wicked. (R) 5 For you are my hope, O Lord; my trust, O God, from my youth. 6 On you I depend from birth; from my mother’s womb you are my strength. (R) 15 My mouth shall declare your justice, day by day your salvation. 17 O God, you have taught me from my youth, and till the present I proclaim your wondrous deeds. (R)
 
GOSPEL
 
 
All God asks us is to do our best. There is no excuse for not trying. I remember my parents at their angriest when I was too lazy to accomplish a task set for me or, worse, too apathetic to even approach thinking about getting it done. I do not want to stand before God on judgment day and have to try and explain sheer laziness or apathy regarding His will for my life.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
The seed is the word of God, Christ is the sower; all who come to him will live for ever.
 
Matthew 13:1-9
1 On that day, Jesus went out of the house and sat down by the sea. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd stood along the shore. 3 And he spoke to them at length in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil. It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep, 6 and when the sun rose it was scorched, and it withered for lack of roots. 7 Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it. 8 But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit, a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold. 9 Whoever has ears ought to hear.”
 
think:  Each of us has been created in love with a vision for our lives that is perfect.
 
T O D A Y’S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: __________________
 
____________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today_
_____________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Tobit 12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs