Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Daily Reflections - May 28,2013

HUNDREDFOLD BLESSINGS

 
When I first joined my community, of which I have been a part for more than 20 years now, my constant refrain was, “I have never been richer.” What I mean is that, since joining a Charismatic community, I have gained so many brothers, sisters and other things. Being part of a faith community means that I share in the manifold blessings of God’s provision. Anyone who has lived in a religious or lay community will understand my sentiments. It reminds me of the story in the Acts of the Apostles, whereby the Apostles lived in unity and shared all things in common.
       Peter, you might assume, was somewhat jealous when he asked the Lord, “What about us?” Peter knew the sacrifice of surrendering all things to the Lord, unlike the rich young man who went away sad. Peter, upon joining the community of Jesus, had to leave his family, wife, work and so many other things to journey with the Lord. But his question is also our concern: “What about us? Will I be taken care of? Will the Lord provide for me? What will I eat and drink?” Jesus tells us not to worry, as the Father knows we need these things. Jesus’ promise to Peter and to all of us is the hundredfold blessing.
       As the early Church began to grow and develop, their striking characteristic was the way they loved and cared for each other. Jesus’ response to Peter is true for all of us baptized Catholics. We belong to a big God, and a big Church. Catholic (katholikos or universal) is the name and life we bear in reality. As baptized members of His (Jesus’) Body, we have houses, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, children and everything, since we all live as one holy, Catholic and apostolic faith in the Lord. Fr. Brian Steele, MGL
 
REFLECTION QUESTION: How has God blessed you, your household, family, Church and community?
 
Lord, I have left everything to follow You. Give me Your love and grace, for that is enough for me. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs