Pages

Friday, September 4, 2020

JUST WAIT

 


JUST WAIT

Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes . . . At that time each will receive their praise from God. – 1 Corinthians 4:5

It was an important event I had  looked forward to. I prepared for it for months not just logistically but also spiritually by including it in my daily Mass intentions. Imagine my great disappointment and confusion when the exact opposite of everything I prayed for happened. All that I feared came to be. I was so hurt and disappointed, I cried out to God, “Why? What did I ever do wrong to deserve this?” Faith was losing the battle with hurt. 

Then I read a quoted post on Twitter. It said in part: “Catriona Gray did not win the Miss World crown in 2016 because she became Miss Universe 2018 . . . Miriam Quiambao, who was diagnosed with autoimmune disorder that left her with a one percent to two percent chance of getting pregnant, is expecting a ‘miracle baby’ at 43. . . . It’s not always about winning or getting what you wanted when you want it. It’s about keeping your faith and waiting for God’s perfect timing” (Avel Durango). 

It was like cold water poured on my raging emotions. So, I wait for my appointed time to understand why, trusting God has His reasons. Lella M. Santiago (lellams88@gmail.com)

Reflect: “God is too wise to be mistaken. God is too good to be unkind . . . So when you don’t understand, when you don’t see His plan . . . Trust His heart.” (From the song “Trust His Heart” by Babbie Mason)

Lord, grant me the patience to wait for Your perfect plan to unfold in my life and the faith to believe You want only the best for me. Amen. 

St. Rosalia, pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs