Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2020

THE BODY OF CHRIST



 THE BODY OF CHRIST 

Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship. – Romans 12:1

I used to have giddy feelings whenever I’d receive Jesus in the Holy Communion at Mass. I believe it’s His way to make me feel loved through the offering of His Body. But there was one Sunday when the usual giddiness wasn’t there. I wasn’t feeling well. I also felt guilty because I wasn’t taking good care of myself for the past weeks.

But when the priest placed the host on my hand, I was surprised. It wasn’t a small round piece but a large portion of what the priest lifted up during Consecration. It was as if Jesus was saying, “Neither do I condemn you. Sin no more. I love you this much.”

I believe His Body sustained me through the day as I was still able to attend our prayer meeting after the Mass and serve as a dance minister. From then on, I resolved to remember God’s love for me so as to make better choices for my body.

After all, our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19). Let our bodies be truly pleasing to Him. Krizelle R. Talladen (kringtalladen@gmail.com)

Reflect: “When you’re tempted to sin against the body, think of the Body of Christ.” (A priest confessor)

Jesus, thank You for what You did on the cross. May I always take care of my body so Your sacrifice won’t be put to waste. Amen.

St. Jeanne Jugan, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs