Pages

Friday, August 28, 2020

PROPHETIC MISSION

 


PROPHETIC MISSION 

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. – 1 Corinthians 1:17, NIV

Educator, leader, stranger, mom. Everywhere I go and in every capacity or role I am given, I find that God calls me to talk about Him. With my students, it is through Religious Education lessons. As a leader in the youth ministry in my teenage years, it was through worship, reflection, and one-on-one counseling. On planes, at parlors, in parties, with people I don’t really know, I find myself sharing the story of our miracle baby over and over again. Now, as a mother, I speak God’s Word to my daughter as a way to correct and instruct.

When we are called to share the Good News, speaking skills and basic knowledge of the Bible and Catholic teaching always come in handy, but we know very well that it’s not through anyone’s eloquence or wisdom that hearts are converted and minds are convinced. God’s message is always most powerful when the Holy Spirit takes the lead.

As we fulfill our prophetic mission to spread God’s truth, let’s take care not to call attention to our own preaching skills and knowledge but to focus on the Gospel itself. Through humility, forgiveness, and love, His message will reach others loud and clear. Sometimes, even without words. Geraldine G. Catral (catral.geegee@beaconschool.ph)

Reflect: We all have a prophetic mission. Are you carrying out yours?

Lord, give me grace to preach the Gospel through the fruit it bears in my life. Amen.

St. Augustine of Hippo, bishop and Doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs