Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2020

PROMISE KEEPER

 PROMISE kEEPER 

This is what the Lord says... – Isaiah 56:1

“This is the last time that you’ll come here as a single woman.”


I was washing the dishes at a youth camp when I felt the Lord speak these words to me. I was startled. I didn’t have a boyfriend then, never had a boyfriend ever. Amused, I responded, “Seriously, Lord? But, OK. I’m not sure how it’s going to happen though.” I shared the message to a close friend and we guessed who might be “the one.” We only stopped our hopeful romantic guessing when we prepared for dinner.


Years passed and I had already forgotten about it until my friend got married last year. Our fondest memories played inside my mind as she walked down the aisle, including that fateful afternoon at the campsite.


I froze in disbelief. My gaze shifted from my bride-friend to the Man on the cross, then to the one who accompanied me to the wedding—my husband. My heart was filled with awe. Indeed, that camp was the last time I set foot in that place as a single person.


The plot twist? My husband turned out to be the head of that youth camp when God revealed His plans to me. We were serving God together all along! Oh, what a funny and amazing God we have! Maymay Salvosa Trinidad (christiane.salvosa@gmail.com)


Reflect: Open your heart to God’s personal message for you today and hold on to it. He delivers His promise even if we are too distracted to notice it.


Father, grant me the grace to hear Your voice today. Help me to trust Your Word regardless of what I am going through. Amen.


St. Stephen of Hungary, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs