Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Daily Bible Reading - September 23, 2020



 1st READING 

God’s presence will give us fulfilling lives. This is not easy to accept in a world so determined to sell us the latest piece of gadgetry and wizardry. The motive implies to make more money. The world will be a better place if we discern more how to embrace the technological advances of our age.

Proverbs 30:5-9

Every word of God is tested; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Add nothing to his words, lest he reprove you, and you be exposed as a deceiver. Two things I ask of you, deny them not to me before I die: put falsehood and lying far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches; provide me only with the food I need; lest, being full, I deny you, saying, “Who is the Lord?” Or, being in want, I steal, and profane the name of my God.

PSALM

Psalm 119:29, 72, 89, 101, 104, 163

R: Your word, O Lord, is a lamp for my feet.

29 Remove from me the way of falsehood, and favor me with your law. (R) 72 The law of your mouth is to me more precious than thousands of gold and silver pieces. (R) 89 Your word, O Lord, endures forever; it is firm as the heavens. (R) 101 From every evil way I withhold my feet, that I may keep your words. (R) 104 Through your precepts I gain discernment; therefore I hate every false way. (R) 163 Falsehood I hate and abhor; your law I love. (R)

GOSPEL

The Holy Spirit encourages us to trust more in God’s goodness. No matter how attractive the promises of the world are, they can never compare to God’s promises. His promises are trustworthy while the world’s are not.

 

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION

The Kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the Gospel.

Luke 9:1-6

Jesus summoned the Twelve and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them to proclaim the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick. He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic. Whatever house you enter, stay there and leave from there. And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet in testimony against them.” Then they set out and went from village to village proclaiming the good news and curing diseases everywhere.

Reflect: “Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her.” – Luke 1:45

______________________________   

   

T O D A Y’S BLESSING LIST 

thank You, Lord, for: 

____________________  

                                           

Read the Bible in one year - Psalms 141-145

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs