Pages

Monday, August 10, 2020

WHEN GOD AWARDS

 

WHEN GOD AWARDS

“The Father will honor whoever serves me.” – John 12:26 

I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science eons ago, but that hasn’t helped me become a native to the world of social media. I can manage Facebook, thank you, but don’t expect to see me on Instagram, Twitter, and anywhere else.

So in 2018, I was pleasantly surprised when I was nominated by the Catholic Social Media Awards as one of the candidates for the Best Female Influencer of the Year.

Me—the one whose website no longer works, who doesn’t even post on Facebook daily, who can’t even read all her messages on Messenger. I showed up at the awards night and found that I was the only one among the nominees in my category who came. I wonder if they gave me the award for simply showing up, because I went home with a trophy that night. More than anything, I took it as an encouragement from the Lord to continue serving Him.

Christian ministry isn’t something you get into to be famous, to earn, or to be awarded. Jesus taught, “When you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty’” (Luke 17:10, ESV). But the generous God we serve always finds a way to let us know He is pleased with us. Rissa Singson Kawpeng (rissakawpeng@gmail.com)

Reflect: “Your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.” (Matthew 6:6, NKJV)

“Not to us, Lord, not to us but to Your name give glory because of Your mercy and faithfulness.” (Psalm 115:1)

St. Lawrence, deacon and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs