Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2020

PAUL THE APOSTLE


 

PAUL THE APOSTLE

I speak the truth in Christ, I do not lie. – Romans 9:1 

Paul, while a man of God, persecuted the early Church, the new converts who followed the way of Jesus. But on his journey to Damascus, he had a dramatic conversion experience that caused him to acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God. He would become one of the most dynamic, bravest, no-holds-barred evangelizers.

Paul is known for his letters in the New Testament. Four of these he wrote while he was in prison. His circumstance in prison was nothing to rejoice about, yet in his letters, he was always encouraging, in good spirits, and expressing more concern for the well-being of his flock than his own. His was a consistent message of continuing to have the zeal for Jesus and remaining steadfast in their faith, regardless of the hardships and anxiety they faced.

When we experience God’s call, first to conversion and then to follow in His footsteps, may we respond as Paul did—with humility, conviction, and availability. And when leading others to Jesus presents itself, may we exemplify fearlessness and compassion as Paul did. Erwin Roceles (erwin_roceles@yahoo.com)

Reflect: “I know indeed how to live in humble circumstances; I know also how to live with abundance. In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in need. I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me.” (Philippians 4:12-13)

Lord, may I remain steadfast in my faith in You. Empower me with Your Spirit. Amen.

St. Candida Maria of Jesus, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs