Pages

Monday, August 3, 2020

OBEY GOD OR OBEY FEAR?


OBEY GOD OR OBEY FEAR?

At once Jesus spoke to them, “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.” – Matthew 14:27

 

There have been many times when I was called to help and inspire people as a speaker, but I didn’t. All because I was afraid.

A lot of my peers who are Feast builders (this is what we call our preachers who head our spiritual communities) are itinerant speakers outside their Feasts. They are invited by companies, schools, and different organizations to give seminars, team- building sessions, and retreats. I also get my fair share of invitations, but I often turn them down out of fear.

One, because I’m afraid of getting tired. I get stressed with the thought of getting stressed!

Two, because I’m afraid of rejection. I fear that people might not like me or what I have to say. So, because of these, I run away from my calling.

Many of us struggle between obeying God and obeying our fear. Through Jesus’ assurance, may we gain the courage to obey God. No matter how scared we are. No matter how big the mission is. No matter how difficult the dream.

Let’s obey and trust. Because the truth is, obedience is our responsibility, but the outcome is God’s. Mike Viñas (mikemichaelfcv@yahoo.com)

Reflect: “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” (Matthew 14:31)

Lord, I believe in faith—that my brave obedience opens me up to Your blessings and breakthroughs that are above and beyond. Amen.

St. Gamaliel, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs