Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

BLESSED SLEEP

 

BLESSED SLEEP 

“Amen, I say to you, unless you become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 18:3

I once met a young girl who didn’t want to sleep. She said sleeping was a waste of time. She loves to play all day and all night long. Can you relate with her? (Your answer may determine your age.) Remember when you were a child? If you had your way, I suppose you didn’t want to sleep either. You wanted to savor each moment of the day. Even as you lay in bed, I imagine you counting your fingers as you played, fighting off sleep.

This isn’t the case for adults. Oh, how many of us at night would rather say, “Goodbye, world! Hello, my pillow.” For us who are worn out by a day full of work and concerns, sleep is surely not a waste of time. It’s a refuge. A luxury even. And even when we’re in bed, we continue to count, not our fingers but our worries.

We have to learn from the children. Because when sleep catches them, they surrender to it easily. They give in and sleep soundly.

At the end of a long day, be like a child and surrender to God.

Abandon your cares to His embrace.

He will take care of you.
Then, you can sleep like a baby.
 Arun Gogna (gognuts@yahoo.com)

Reflect: Believe that while you sleep, God is solving your problems.

Lay me down to sleep, my Lord and my God.

St. Clare of Assisi, virgin, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs