Pages

Friday, September 15, 2017

Blessed are you, O Virgin Mary; without dying you won the martyr’s crown beneath the Cross of the Lord - Daily Bible Reading September 15, 2017

 
1ST READING
 
The suffering of Mary should not be underestimated. To watch her Son die on the cross must have been absolutely horrific. Let us walk with Mary in her sorrow. Sometimes, this is all we can do to comfort someone.
 
Hebrews 5:7-9 (or 1 Timothy 1:1-2, 12-14)
7 In the days when Christ was in the flesh, he offered prayers and supplications with loud cries and tears to the one who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered; 9 and when he was made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 31:2, 3, 3-4, 5-6, 15-16, 20 (or Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11)
R: Save me, O Lord, in your kindness.
1 [2] In you, O Lord, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. In your justice rescue me, 2 [3] In your justice rescue me, make haste to deliver me! (R) Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety. 3 [4] You are my rock and my fortress; for your name’s sake you will lead and guide me. (R) 4 [5] You will free me from the snare they set for me, for you are my refuge. 5 [6] Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, O Lord, O faithful God. (R) 14 [15] But my trust is in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” 15 [16] In your hands is my destiny; rescue me from the clutches of my enemies and my persecutors. (R) 19 [20] How great is the goodness, O Lord, which you have in store for those who fear you, and which, toward those who take refuge in you, you show in the children of men. (R)
 
 
GOSPEL
 
How do you walk with someone who has lost a child or someone very dear to them? Perhaps the only thing we can do is to be present to them – as someone who cares enough to walk with them in their sorrow. Mary, the Mother of the Church, does that with us whenever we need it. Let us get to know Mary as our mother a little better so that we may draw from the comfort she offers us when we need it.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
Blessed are you, O Virgin Mary; without dying you won the martyr’s crown beneath the Cross of the Lord.
 
John 19:25-27 (or Luke 2:33-35)
25 Standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary of Magdalene. 26 When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son.” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother.” And from that hour the disciple took her into his home.
 
think: Are there people around you who need your company in their time of sorrow?
 
_________________________________________________________________________
 
_________________________________________________________________________
 
_________________________________________________________________________
 
_________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Read the Bible in one year Psalm 104-110
 
T O D A Y’S BLESSING LIST
 
thank You, Lord, for: _______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs