Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Who can you bless today by your visit? - Daily Reflections May 31, 2017


MOST BLESSED AMONG WOMEN

One thing I remember as a child was the regular visit of our parish priest to our family. My father then was president of the parish council. Although I don’t remember much, the fact that the pastor always brought a can of sweet caramelized popcorn probably sealed the memory in my heart.
       To this day, I keep very fond memories of Fr. Francisco Santiago. He was one of the three adult men whose memories I cherish from my early years. Earlier on, I already wrote about the second, Kakang Gorio, who came one fine day from seemingly nowhere, asking to be given a welcome space in our modest home. The third, of course, was my own father, about whom I have
already written at least two reflections before.
       Fr. Santiago’s regular quick drop-ins, along with the sudden comeuppance of Kakang Gorio in my early years, were veritable visitations that merit more than a whimsical thought. At least to me, they were not mere accidental events to remember, but meaningful experiences to hold and cherish for as long as I live.
       The biblical event of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary to her cousin Elizabeth was a visit born of a revelation, as much of a great and noble mission as a grave reason to be afraid. Mary was visited by an angel, and that visit jolted her as much to obedience to the will of God, as to fear.
       Despite the initial misgivings and the fear, Mary stepped up to the plate and made the great visitation that followed the great revelation. The one who was visited by the Lord in the coming of the Archangel Gabriel reciprocated in the same manner.
       The woman blessed by no less than the one from on high, shared the blessing and got even more: “Most blessed are you among women!” Fr. ChitoDimaranan, SDB

----------- REFLECTION QUESTION ----------
Who can you bless today by your visit?
 Rather than keep to myself, help me to be like Mary, Lord. Help me to go out and be a blessing to someone else. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs