Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

I am the way and the truth and the life, says the Lord; no one comes to the Father except through me - Daily Bible Readings September 5, 2015

1ST READING
 
We are all ministers of the Gospel. We are called to live the Gospel to the full and bring it to the world. Our life is a significant means of proclaiming the Gospel. People have told me that it was my actions, more than my words, that led them to faith in Christ. We never know who sees what we are doing. Let us be mindful that what they see is faithful to the Gospel.
 
Colossians 1:21-23
21 Brothers and sisters: You once were alienated and hostile in mind because of evil deeds; 22 God has now reconciled in his fleshly Body of Christ through his death, to present you holy, without blemish, and irreproachable before him, 23 provided that you persevere in the faith, firmly grounded, stable, and not shifting from the hope of the Gospel that you heard, which has been preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, am a minister.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 54:3-4, 6, 8
R: God himself is my help.
1 [3] O God, by your name save me, and by your might defend my cause. 2 [4] O God, hear my prayer; hearken to the words of my mouth. (R) 4 [6]Behold, God is my helper; the Lord sustains my life. 6 [8] Freely will I offer you sacrifice; I will praise your name, O Lord, for its goodness. (R)
 
GOSPEL
 
Laws exist to serve the people and not the other way around. The literal interpretation of the law is not always the best interpretation. We should ask ourselves what the intention of the law is and interpret it from that point. The Sabbath laws remind us to set aside time for God. However, feeding the hungry, healing the sick and many other “works” honor the Sabbath more than anything else.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
I am the way and the truth and the life, says the Lord; no one comes to the Father except through me.
 
Luke 6:1-5
While Jesus was going through a field of grain on a sabbath, his disciples were picking the heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands, and eating them. Some Pharisees said, “Why are you doing what is unlawful on the sabbath?” Jesus said to them in reply, “Have younot read what David did when he and those who were with him were hungry? How he went into the house of God, took the bread of offering, which only the priests could lawfully eat, ate of it, and shared it with his companions.” Then he said to them, “The Son of Man is lord of the sabbath.”
 
think: Our life is a significant means of proclaiming the Gospel.
 
T O D A Y’S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: __________________
 
____________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today_
_____________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Pslam 56-60
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs