Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Try to spend your prayer moments in thanksgiving to God for physical abilities and spiritual faculties that He has given to you - Daily Reflections June 19,2015

EYES OF FAITH
 
I am a diabetic. Probably it is genetics. My mother has it. In a way, this is also aggravated by the pressures that I am subject to. There is the pressure of having to work in an apostolate of writing and publishing. We often say among writers and editors: “Deadlines are killing times.” There is the pressure of having to run after schedules of Masses and talks — in the midst of a bad traffic. There are the pressures of having to work and live with fellow religious who, though consecrated, are still very human. In the midst of all these, my doctor and doctor-friends remind me: Diabetes has many complications. Among them, the possibilities of deterioration and loss of sight.
       I dread to think of a day when I will have to live without the use of my eyes. God forbid. Of all the senses, I treasure my eyes the most. I wake up each day and I am able to know it is day because with my eyes I see the difference between light and darkness. I am able to attend to my needs and do things fast because my eyes enable me to search for things I need. I am able to move fast because my eyes enable me to see myself, my surroundings, and my direction. I am able to smile whenever I see colors and shapes because I see them. I am able to respond and help others since my eyes make me aware of their presence and their predicaments. I know beauty because I see.
       The eyes is to the body as faith is to the soul. Faith makes the human soul see the difference between good and bad; it makes the human spirit soar up to transcendence. Faith enables the person to see others as brethren to love and care for, not just for humanitarian reasons, but for deeper bonds. Faith enables us to see everything as beautiful and meaningful because God is working in all things. Fr. Domie Guzman, SSP
 
REFLECTION QUESTION: Try to spend your prayer moments in thanksgiving to God for physical abilities and spiritual faculties that He has given to you. In what way does your faith enable you to see more in life?
 
How great are Your ways, O Lord. I cannot thank You enough for Your goodness to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs