Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

God’s grace and mercy shone through people who put on flesh to His compassion - Daily Reflections April 24,2015

THE ANANIAS FACTOR
 
Saul was “breathing murderous threats against the disciples of the Lord.” I can identify with Saul. I used to be very impatient. I was at times too bullheaded about my plans and passionate about what I cared for — to a fault.
       But God has mysterious ways of getting us back to our better senses. The Lord sent me what could be equivalent to Paul’s “thorn in the flesh.” I suffered. I swallowed my pride. I licked my wounds. And ever so gradually (though not completely yet), I recovered my inner serenity and peace.
       I could not have done it without the help of others. Real friends came to my side. They did not always agree with me but they listened to me. They walked side by side with me. Like Paul, I had my Damascus moment.
     I don’t know who were traveling with Saul at that time. All I can surmise is that they were good and helpful people. They did not leave the blinded Saul-soon-to-be-Paul in the lurch. “They led him by the hand and brought him to Damascus.”
       I dedicate today’s reflection to all who do the thankless job of guiding, helping, walking with, and showing people the way towards any form of enlightenment. These are the silent heroes: teachers, mentors, counselors and spiritual guides. They lead people by the hand and bring them to some place that’s safe and secure.
       I dedicate today, too, to all those who believed enough in me to trust and approve of me. Like Ananias, they may have doubted: “I’ve heard from many sources about this man, what evil things he has done...” But God’s grace and mercy shone through people who put on flesh to His compassion. Fr. Chito Dimaranan, SDB
 
REFLECTION QUESTION: Who is your Ananias?
 
Lord, thank You for sending me people who have shown me Your compassion and mercy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs