Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Everyone who believes in the Son has eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day, says the Lord - Daily Bible Readings April 22,2015

1ST READING
 
 
Saul sent Christians to prison for their faith. He persecuted the fledgling faithful with authority from his Jewish confreres. Little did he know that there will be a great change in his life. The grace of conversion comes at unexpected times and from the most unusual sources.
 
Acts 8:1-8
1 There broke out a severe persecution of the church in Jerusalem, and all were scattered throughout the countryside of Judea and Samaria, except the Apostles. 2 Devout men buried Stephen and made a loud lament over him. 3 Saul, meanwhile, was trying to destroy the Church; entering house after house and dragging out men and women, he handed them over for imprisonment. 4 Now those who had been scattered went about preaching the word. 5 Thus Philip went down to the city of Samaria and proclaimed the Christ to them. 6 With one accord, the crowds paid attention to what was said by Philip when they heard it and saw the signs he was doing. 7 For unclean spirits crying out in a loud voice, came out of many possessed people, and many paralyzed and crippled people were cured. 8 There was great joy in that city.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 66:1-3, 4-5, 6-7
R: Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
1 Shout joyfully to God, all the earth, 2 sing praise to the glory of his name; proclaim his glorious praise. 3 Say to God, “How tremendous are your deeds!” (R) 4 “Let all on earth worship and sing praise to you, sing praise to your name!” 5 Come and see the works of God, his tremendous deeds among the children of Adam. (R) 6 He has changed the sea into dry land; through the river they passed on foot; therefore let us rejoice in him. 7 He rules by his might forever. (R)
 
GOSPEL
 
To continue His Eucharistic teaching, Jesus affirmed that the Father’s desire is to save us through Him. He said that to believe in Him, the Bread of Life was necessary for salvation. The term “bread” already brings to mind the idea of a meal. There is also the promise that believing in Jesus means we will never hunger or thirst again.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
Everyone who believes in the Son has eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day, says the Lord.
 
John 6:35-40
35 Jesus said to the crowds, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst. 36 But I told you that although you have seen me, you do not believe. 37 Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, 38 because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. 39 And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day.”
 
think: The Father’s desire is to save us through Jesus.
 
T O D A Y’S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: __________________
 
____________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today_
_____________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Numbers 22-24
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs