Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the Gospel - Daily Bible Readings September 24,2014


1ST READING
 
We should never pray for an over-abundance of anything unless our objective is to give it all away to the poor. Why does anyone need more than they can use? What we need to learn to do is to seek what we need and not just what we want. I like the old saying which sums up this attitude: “Live simply so that others may simply live!” In other words, do not seek consumption for consumption’s sake as you may be using something that is essential to another’s needs.
 
Proverbs 30:5-9
5 Every word of God is tested; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. 6 Add nothing to his words, lest he reprove you, and you be exposed as a deceiver. 7 Two things I ask of you, deny them not to me before I die: 8 Put falsehood and lying far from me, give me neither poverty nor riches; provide me only with the food I need; 9 lest, being full, I deny you, saying, “Who is the Lord?” Or, being in want, I steal, and profane the name of my God.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 119:29, 72, 89, 101, 104, 163
R: Your word, O Lord, is a lamp for my feet.
29 Remove from me the way of falsehood, and favor me with your law. (R) 72 The law of your mouth is to me more precious than thousands of gold and silver pieces. (R) 89 Your word, O Lord, endures forever; it is firm as the heavens. (R) 101 From every evil way I withhold my feet, that I may keep your words. (R) 104 Through your precepts I gain discernment; therefore I hate every false way. (R) 163 Falsehood I hate and abhor; your law I love. (R)
 
GOSPEL
 
Trust in God. This must become the mantra of our lives. If it does, then there is very little that will be capable of deflecting us from the will of God. Trusting in Him may sound a boring recipe for life but it is not. We like to talk about action movies and stunt men and so on. I say, take a taste of Gospel living and you will never crave for excitement again. Following Christ has been one big adventure for me.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
The Kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the Gospel.
 
Luke 9:1-6
1 Jesus summoned the Twelve and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases, 2 and he sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. 3 He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic. 4 Whatever house you enter, stay there and leave from there. 5 And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet in testimony against them.” 6 Then they set out and went from village to village proclaiming the good news and curing diseases everywhere.
 
think:  Trust in God. This must become the mantra of our lives.
 
 
T O D A Y’S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: __________________
 
____________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today_
_____________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Psalm 146-150
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Interesting Blogs